Welcome to Year 1 at New Hartley First School
Mrs Jo Banks
Mrs Val Hewison
Remote / Home Learning
Notice for Parents/Carers:
At the beginning of each week I will provide an overview for the week that indicates in school learning and suggested activities for remote/home learning. It will be displayed here along with any resources or web links.
Please remember that these are suggestions and you may well have other ideas or activities that link with the same objectives that you'd like to use alongside these plans.
The resources I share do not need to be printed. Instead they are intended to help you in delivering the activities to your child. If you have access to a printer and prefer to print that is your choice.
I hope you find the structure helpful, and please remember I am always available via email/school app to answer queries and support you.
This Week's Planning
This Week's Maths Resources
- Addition Fact Families activitiy sheet.pdf
- Find number bonds within 10.pdf
- Systematic number bonds.pdf
- Number bonds to 10.pdf
This Week's Writing & Spelling Resources
This week we will be consolidating the spelling rules taught so far:
- ff, ss
- ll, zz, ck
- ng, nk
- ch, tch
- v, ve
Please refer to all previous spelling resources.
You will find all of the Year 1 spelling objectives with example word lists in the document below.
This Week's Handwriting Resources
This Week's Additional Learning Resources
Previous Weeks' Learning Resources
This section will include any previous planning and resources for you to access anytime.
Week Beginning 12.10.2020
- Monday The Part Whole Model using objects/images.pdf
- Tuesday The Part Whole Model.pdf
- Wednesday Addition Symbol.pdf
- Thursday Fact Families.pdf
- Writing Frame - Geography UK.pdf
- Spelling Poster 'igh' .pdf
- Spelling 'igh' Look Say Cover Write and Check Activity.pdf
- Spelling 'igh' Roll a Word Activity.pdf
- Spelling 'igh' Wordsearch .pdf
- igh Phoneme Spotter Story.pdf
Week Beginning 5.10.2020
- Monday - Order Numbers.pdf
- Tuesday - Ordinal Numbers.pdf
- Wednesday - Number Line.pdf
- Thursday - Introduce Parts & Wholes.pdf
- Spelling v & ve poster.pdf
- Spelling v & ve Look Say Cover Write and Check Activity.pdf
- Spelling v & ve matching pairs activity.pdf
- Spelling v & ve word search.pdf
Week Beginning 28.9.2020
- Monday Compare Numbers WRMH activity sheet.pdf
- Wednesday Order Objects WRMH activity sheet.pdf
- Thursday Order Numbers WRMH activity sheet.pdf
- Friday Ordinal Numbers WRMH activity sheet.pdf
Useful links to online resources.
These sites can be used to supplement the suggestions in the weekly timetable. Feel free to dip into these as often as you like.
Please note: Year 1 children have not yet received their log in details for school 360. This message will be updated once the log in details have been shared with pupils and parents.
There is a 'parent help video' available to click on, above the login details, when you open this link.
The video guides you to some of the key programs you and your child can access through school360, including: Northumberland's Home Learning page, BBC Bitesize, j2e and my new favourite, Busy Things!
What we get up to in
These photos will give you a sneak peak into some of the activities we get up to in our lessons.
News and Information
Take a look at our parent information sheet to find out what we are learning about in Year 1.
This will be updated half termly.
You must consent to the use of user embedded cookies to allow this embedded object to show.