Welcome to Year 1 at New Hartley First School
Mrs Jo Banks
Mrs Val Hewison
Remote / Home Learning
Notice for Parents/Carers:
Each week I will provide a timetable that indicates suggested activities for remote/home learning with all necessary weblinks. It will be displayed here along with any resources.
Please remember that these are suggestions and you may well have other ideas or activities that link with the same objectives that you'd like to use alongside these plans.
The resources I share do not need to be printed. Instead they are intended to help you in delivering the activities to your child. If you have access to a printer and prefer to print that is your choice.
I hope you find the structure helpful, and please remember I am always available via email/school app to answer queries and support you.
This Week's Planning
This Week's Maths Resources
Use the notes in this week's overview alongside these activity cards to challenge your child and have fun with numbers within 50.
This Week's Reading, Writing & Spelling Resources
- Spelling 'ea' poster .pdf
- Spelling 'ea' Mr Whoops Juggling Muddle.pdf
- Spellings 'ea' Look Say Cover Write and Check .pdf
- Spelling 'ea' Word Search.pdf
- Spelling 'ea' presentation .ppt
In addition to the spelling rule, this week's whole class focus HFW / CEW are: asked, called, when
We will add to these focus words each week and over time build sight vocabulary and spelling of all Year 1 Common Exception Words (CEW) most of which are also from the first 100 High Frequency Words (HFW).
Encourage your child to read these words on sight and spell them correctly in all written tasks, supporting/correcting as appropriate.
This Week's Topic/Other Learning Resources
- RED NOSE DAY wordsearch.pdf
- RED NOSE DAY puzzles and quiz pack.pdf
- RED NOSE DAY ks1 jokes.pdf
- RED NOSE DAY funny faces activity.pdf
- RED NOSE DAY Challenge Cards.pdf
Click on the link below to see Mrs Banks sharing a story.
Last Week's Planning & Resources
- handwriting Set 3 Letter Family task 1.pdf
- handwriting Set 3 Letter Family task 2.pdf
- handwriting Set 3 Letter Family task 3.pdf
- handwriting Set 3 Letter Family task 4.pdf
- Days of the Week Spellings poster.pdf
- Days of the Week Matching Pairs Activity.pdf
- Days of the Week Word Search.pdf
- Days of the Week Look Say Cover Write and Check Activity.pdf
British Science Week 2021
This year the focus for British Science Week is 'Innovating for the Future'. This sits perfectly with our Spring Term theme of 'Sustainability' too. Take a look at some of the suggested investigations in these packs.
I particularly like the look of these from the Primary booklet:
Herd Immunity Jenga - page 13
Does the appearance of food affect how it tastes? - page 23
Which plastic? - page 30
... and these from the Early Year booklet:
Flitter Jars - page 11
Make a water purifier - page 14
If you complete any of the investigations at home, please share photos with me via email, I'd LOVE to see them!
Useful links to online resources.
These sites can be used to supplement the suggestions in the weekly timetable. Feel free to dip into these as often as you like.