The Governing Body meets termly and its purpose is to:
- help the school to set high standards by planning for the school’s future and setting targets for school improvement
- ensure school improvement is happening and effective
- be a critical friend to the school offering support and advice
- help the school respond to the needs of families and the community
- make the school accountable to the public for what it does
- plan, develop and review school policy
- exercise its responsibilities and powers in partnership with the head teacher and staff
Reports and minutes of the meetings are kept in school and can be read by parents if they wish.
If you are interested in knowing more about the work of our governors, would like to know about future vacancies or would like to get in touch with the school's governing body please contact the school office on 0191 2371218.